There are a lot of people who have started to enjoy paintball recently. Even though it is gaining popularity, some people still do not know many details about it. Even some details about how it originated will help you gain a better appreciation for this sport.
The History of Paintball
Paintball first started in the United States of America in the 80s. There are some individual players who may fight against each other in order to win. Some would prefer to play in teams. The team with the most number of players at the end of each session wins.
Players are eliminated by splattering them with paint using a compressed power gun. There may be different game objectives depending on the type of paintball game that you want to play.
Paintball games can be played almost everywhere but most people would recommend that these are played in wide, open fields. A lot of the game zones are filled with trenches, hills, and trees. This will give people a chance to find a nice hiding place from where they can target people. A lot of paintball games usually last about 10 minutes for each half. Games can sometimes go on for hours depending on the personal rules of the operator or those who are playing the game.
The Main Paintball Rules You Should Know
The safety rules are always going to be important when it comes to paintball. You do not want to be labeled as a person who does not follow the rules. Most people who do this are removed from the game. They are also banned from joining the games again.
Paintball rules can be divided into four main categories:
- General Rules
- Safety Rules
- Paint Check Rules
- Referee Rules
For general rules, remember the following:
- Do not blind fire.
- Do not discharge the paintball markers around the set shooting areas.
- Do not bring other weapons that can potentially hurt other players such as knives, blunt objects, and other guns.
Some of the safety rules include the following:
- Goggles and face masks will be required before entering the battlefield.
- Barrel sleeves will be required as this will serve as extra protection against hard hits.
- You are not allowed to shoot paintballs outside the set.
For paint rules, these are the things that you should know:
- You may want to call the referee for paint checks. There is no need to call other players to check.
- Those who are being checked for paint hits are considered “neutral players.”
- The moment that you call “out,” then you are out.
For referee rules, these are some of the things that you should remember:
- Talking back to referees will not be tolerated.
- The calls of referees are final.
- Shooting the referees is not allowed.
Take note that there are still a lot of rules that you should be familiar with. Some say that the more that they get into paintball, the more that they learn about the rules. There may also be some personal rules that will be applied depending on the paintball game that you are playing.
Remember that the most important item that you need in order to play paintball is your safety goggles. You do not want to hurt your eyes while you are playing the game. You can also rent full-protection gear whenever you play. Have fun with friends or even make it into one of the sports that you are into playing.