You know that paintball is probably one of the best games that you can play right now. It can be fun and exciting whether you are going to play with people that you know or with strangers. There are different types of paintball games that you can play too. They come with their own set of rules so make sure that you know the difference between the various games.
Main Rules of Paintball
Even though there are different paintball games, there are some main rules that you cannot forget. These rules are meant to protect you and the other players who would like to enjoy playing the game. Some of the things that you should remember are the following:
- Safety is the most important thing – Make sure that you will set your marker correctly. The maximum velocity should be at 300 fps. If you would set the paintball gun higher than that, it can already hurt the skin.
- Always keep your mask on – A lot of people may have masks now because of the pandemic but when it comes to playing paintball, people have been keeping their masks on for a long time. If you see someone who has lost his/her mask, let others know about it. You can shout “blind man” as a warning to other players.
- Respect your teammates and also respect your opponents – Some people may feel too confident while they are playing. They will not care anymore if they are hurting others in the process. You only need to hit a player one time for the player to be out. You do not have to bombard the player with so many hits.
- Paintball is a team sport – This is not something that you can do on your own. If you have a personal beef with anyone from the opposing team or from your own team, you should put these things aside while playing.
- Do not cheat – It can be easy to just wipe off the paint when you have already gotten hit. Yet, what is the point of not playing according to the rules? Paintball can only be fun when you know that you have won without cheating.
Types of Paintball Games to Play
Now is the time for you to get to know the different paintball games that you can start playing soon.
- Capture the Flag – Take note that there are two varieties of this game available. You may either place the flag in the center or you can have two flags that are placed on opposite sides of the field. Based on the name, the main goal of the teams is to get the flag. For the first version, the first team to get the flag in the center of the field will win. For the second version, whoever gets the flag of the other team will win.
- King of the Hill – If you would like to play a game that you may have played when you were younger, this is the best option. You would be competing with another player one-on-one. Whenever you win, you will be challenging other players. The last player standing will be the “King of the Hill.”
- Bomb Squad – For this game, one team will be given the chance to place different “bombs.” The other team will then enter the field where the “bombs” are placed. The main objective is to find all the bombs before time runs out. The team that has placed the bombs will try to defend one bomb so that it will not be found before the timer rings.
How to Play Night Paintball Games?
Let us say that you would like to try playing paintball at night. Some people find this more exciting but others who are not prepared for it think that this is a nightmare for them. Remember that the game will depend on what has been prepared for you. Expect that it may sometimes last for days. You need to be aware of the type of clothing that you want to wear. Wear camouflage clothing that you love wearing during the daytime as this can help.
Playing paintball can be fun and exciting. You can play with different people and meet new friends. Just remember to be a team player and always respect the rules and regulations of the game. The more that you know about it, the better.